DLTK's Crafts for Kids
TP Roll Campfire Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
My husband would find this craft easier than making an actual fire. (Safer too! *wink*) Darren was never a boy scout
and since I did lots of guiding in my days I am the one in charge of making the fire when our family goes camping. He's still in charge of getting the bugs out of the tent though!
Check out the CD Rom or Margarine Container Lid Campfire Craft for a different option.
- 5 or 6 toilet paper rolls,
- brown paint,
- paper plate,
- yellow, red and/or orange tissue paper,
- Optional: round circle of
cardboard or large plastic lid to substitute for the paper plate
- Optional: grey or black paint for the paper plate
- Optional: small rocks.
- Paint the toilet paper rolls brown and let dry.
- Arrange the toilet paper rolls as if they were logs on the paper plate.
- Use glue to attach them
to the plate, stacking them slightly so they look like logs.
- Scrunch up a few squares of fire coloured tissue paper and glue them into the center of your "logs".
- You could paint your paper plate grey, brown or black before making your craft.
- You could also glue some small rocks around the edge of your plate or amongst the logs like we did.
Print friendly version of these instructions