DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Paper Plate Wreath
This is good scissor skills practice for kindergarten
children. Don't worry if the shapes aren't cut out perfectly.
- something to color with,
- a paper plate
- Optional: green paint and paint brush
- Cut the center out of the paper
plate to leave a round "donut" shape. This will form the base of
the wreath. (This may require adult assistance).
- Optional: Paint the donut shape green. Then you don't have to
worry about covering the plate completely if you prefer not to.
- Print out the template pieces - you may wish to print 2 or 3 copies of the
template depending on how full you want your wreath to be -- we used two templates for the one in the photo.
- Color the template pieces (if using the B&W version) -- or you can
print the B&W version on colored paper
- Cut out the template pieces. This will take quite awhile -- you can
provide assistance if you like (depending on the patience of your child).
- Glue your paper shapes to completely cover your paper
- You can put a piece of yarn
on the back to hang it.
- You can do these as a group with younger children -- let each child cut
out and color one or two template pieces possibly print their initials on
it, and glue it on the group wreath.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions