DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Football Player Paper Plate Craft
If you cut out holes instead of using the template eyes, you can convert your football player craft to a mask. Attach a paint stir stick or tongue
depressor to allow your child to hold it up to their face.
- flesh colored paint and paintbrush (or you can keep his face white if you don't feel like painting).
- paper plate,
- something to color with (or color printer),
- Optional FOR MASK: Paint Stir Stick
, thin strip of wood or
- Paint the bottom of the paper plate flesh colored (or you can leave it white
if you prefer).
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
Most of the pieces are simple enough shapes for young children to
- Glue the pieces to the plate to make the football player face:
- Glue the mouth near the bottom of the paper plate.
- Glue the nose above the mouth.
- Glue the eyes above the nose.
- Glue the bandaid beside one of the eyes.
- Glue the large helmet piece onto the top of the plate.
- Glue the eyebrows above the eyes and just below the helmet.
It's ok if it overlaps the helmet a little bit.
- Make the Face Guard
- Glue the long, straight-ish crosspiece just above the
mouth, touching the oval "bolt" on the helmet on both sides.
- Glue the U-shaped crosspiece just below the mouth,
touching the oval "bolt" on the helmet on both sides.
- Glue the short vertical bars onto either side of the mouth (one on each side) and connecting the crosspieces
- Glue the long, straight-ish crosspiece just above the mouth, touching the oval "bolt" on the helmet on both sides.
- Optional: If making a mask, use masking tape or duct tape to
attach a thin strip of wood, a Tongue Depressor
or a Paint Stir Stick
(often free at paint supply and home repair stores -- no more than $1 --
we get dad to pick one up now and then when he's at home depot admiring
the tools *grin*)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).