DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Snowboarder or Skier Paper Plate Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This winter sports paper plate craft can be a snowboarder or a skier, whichever you prefer. Tasha (my eldest) loves snowboarding while Kaitlyn (my youngest daughter) loves to ski.
- flesh colored paint and paintbrush (or you can keep his face white if you
don't feel like painting).
- paper plate,
- something to color with (or color printer),
- Paint the bottom of the paper plate flesh colored (or you can leave it white
if you prefer).
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
Most of the pieces are simple enough shapes for young children to
- Glue the pieces to the plate to make the snowboarder or skier face:
- Glue the goggles right about the center of the paper plate. If you've never been skiing and are wondering why people wear goggles, it's because you swoosh quite fast down a mountain --
the cold air streaks across your eyes and often causes them to water (making it hard to see if you're about to crash into a snow-covered evergreen tree *grin*) -- it's a little bit similar to
chopping onions. Goggles prevent this from happening so are recommended -- especially for those vying for Olympic Gold! If you're just puttering around on the bunny hill, sunglasses
- Glue the hair at the top of the paper plate. There are two pieces -- the smaller one should go on first and the larger should slightly overlap it. Both can overlap the goggles a
- Glue the toque (winter cap) over top the hair with the pom pom on top of the cap. It looks cute if you tilt the hat a bit, but you can glue it on however you think it looks best
- Glue the mouth near the bottom of the paper plate.
- Glue the nose above the mouth, likely overlapping the goggles a little bit.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions