DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Sammy Soccer (or Franky Football) Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
With the 2014 FIFA World Cup coming up, Sammy Soccer is a great craft for young
soccer (football) fans to put together. Make the black and white version and color him your favorite team's colors.
Here in Canada we call the sport soccer but I realize it's called Football in
other parts of the world... If you live in one of these places, you can call him
Franky Football instead.
- something to color with (B&W version),
- Print out the template of choice (you can mix and match the B&W and color versions if you want less coloring).
- Color the template pieces (if using the B&W version) -- feel free to
use different materials for coloring to add creativity/personality to the
project (paint, markers, pencils and crayons are all fun choices).
- Cut out the template pieces (young children may need help with this step).
- Glue the soccer buddy together:
- Glue the face on the soccer head
- Glue the hair onto the head
- Glue the head onto the neck (shirt)
- Glue the shorts under the shirt
- Glue the arms under the shirt sleeves
- Glue the legs under the shorts
- If you want the craft to be a smaller project, you can just print the
first template and make a soccer face
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions