DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Sally Softball Paper Craft
With the Olympics coming up, I thought I'd start some Sports Buddies crafts for the kids to enjoy. Sally Softball is my third addition to the Sports Buddies (my daughters were very pleased to see that Sally is a girl buddy). I'll be adding others to the Sports Crafts index as I make them.
I wince a little bit doing these buddies because I can imagine all the requests for buddies with specific country or team colors. Sally
Softball was made with my country in mind -- yay Canada! The color scheme would also work for Switzerland, Denmark, Japan, Bahrain, Greenland
and Indonesia. I'll try to make each Sports Buddy a unique color scheme so that hopefully you can find at least one of them that suits
your preferences. And keep in mind -- you can always print the templates in B&W and then color them in whatever way you like!
- something to color with (B&W version),
- Print out the template of choice (you can mix and match the B&W and
color versions if you want less coloring).
- Color the template pieces (if using the B&W version) -- feel free to use
different materials for coloring to add creativity/personality to the
project (paint, markers, pencils and crayons are all fun choices).
- Cut out the template pieces (young children may need help with this
- Glue the softball buddy together:
- Glue the face on the softball head
- Glue the hair onto the head
- Glue the hat onto the hair
- Glue the head onto the neck (shirt)
- Glue the pants under the shirt
- Glue the arms under the shirt sleeves
- Glue the bat into one of the hands
- Glue the legs under the pants
- If you want the craft to be a smaller project, you can just print the
first template and make a softball face (or print templates 1 and 2 if you
want the hair as well)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).