DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Thomas Jefferson Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Thomas Jefferson was the third president of the United States. His most notable achievement was as the main author of the
Declaration of Independence. He lived from April 13, 1743 to July 4, 1826.
This is a fun and easy color, cut and paste craft that uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give the finished craft a three dimensional effect.
- toilet paper roll
- something to colour with,
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces. This may require an adult's assistance.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- Glue the ruffle around the top of the tube.
- Glue the head onto the top of the tp roll, overlapping the V of the shirt.
- Glue the arms onto the sides of the body.
- Glue the scroll into one of the hands.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the tp roll, using the tabs to give them a 3D effect (fold the tabs and glue so the feet stick out
from the tp roll).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions