DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Red, White and Blue Muffin Flower Craft
These are simple and fun crafts for even the youngest children to do.
Optional: The center of the flower can be further decorated with white or blue sequins, small seeds or a photo.
- a printer (or draw your own pot, stem and leaves),
- a piece of paper (I prefer construction paper),
- three muffin cups (the paper cups you make muffins or cupcakes in) -- we used 2 large and one medium sized muffin cup but you can use all
the same size.
- red and blue: something the color with (paint, crayons, markers, etc) -- we used paint
- Paint or color the three muffin cups:
- cup 1: paint red
- cup 2: leave or paint white
- cup 3: paint blue (we used a smaller cup than the other two for cup 3)
- Set aside to dry.
- Print out the template of choice (or you can draw your own stem, leaves and pot).
- Cut out the template pieces and colour if necessary.
- Glue the pot, leaves and the stem onto a piece of construction paper (we used white) so it looks like the flower is growing out of the pot.
- Glue the three muffin cups onto the top of the stem (one on top of the other) to form the flower.
- Flatten out the bottom cup a bit more than the top cup so you can see the petals
- For young children, you don't have to be too fussy about how they put their flower together (let them have fun). For older
children, we glued the cups together in the following order red on the bottom, then white, then blue.
- Optional: decorate the center of the flower if you like (we used blue sequins).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions