DLTK's Crafts for Kids
USA Flag Bag Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
Fill with candies or popcorn to nibble on while you watch fireworks (or if you're a 2 year old like my daughter -- dump the popcorn, ignore the
party and fill the bag with rocks you pick up off the ground *grin*).
You will need: something to colour with, scissors, glue, and paper.
OPTIONAL: string, wool or ribbon.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate).
- Cut out the template along the outside lines. Cut along the dotted lines (this will be the bag's bottom. Younger kids
may need help with this (it can be pre-done prior to colouring).
- Imagine a line extending up from the dotted lines you cut. Fold along these imaginary lines, fold the GLUE tab and fold up the
tabs for the bag's bottom
- Put glue on the glue tab (or tape) and glue it to the inside of the bag.
- Put glue on the tabs for the bags bottom and carefully press together.
- Attach a piece of string, wool or ribbon to make a handle (or cut another piece of paper for the handle).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions