George Washington led the American victory over Great Britain in the American Revolutionary War and was the first president of the United States. He lived from February 22, 1732 to December 14, 1799.
This is a fun and easy color, cut and paste craft that uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give the finished George Washington craft a three dimensional effect.
This is a great craft to make for a President's Day or US history theme.
- toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- something to color with,
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the craft pieces if you printed the black and white version of the template.
- Cut out the template pieces. This may require an adult's assistance. I usually let Kaitlyn cut out the easy pieces while I work on the harder ones.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- Glue on the head at the top of the toilet paper roll so it fits in the V shape of the vest.
- Glue the hat on the head.
- Glue the arms on the side of the body.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the toilet paper roll, using the tabs to give them a 3D effect (fold the tabs and glue so the feet stick out from the toilet paper roll).
- Glue the buttons onto the jacket.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).