DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Aboriginal Dot Art
"Another Great simple craft that I do with my kids is Aboriginal Dot Paintings. All you do is take a basic outline of an Aussie animal and using a cotton bud/cotton
swab (Q-tip) you dot natural coloured paints into the shape until it is all filled. We usually use reds, browns, oranges, yellows and
Hope this has helped"
So my daughters and I had a look at the examples that Nicole sent and
decided we would give it a try. Tasha and Kaitlyn both picked
kangaroo pictures and you can see the results.
- coloring page or template (see below)
- white paper and printer to print the template,
- poster paints or tempra paint in 'earthy' tones
- cotton swabs
- Select your template or coloring page and print it (see below).
- Dip a cotton swab in the paint and dab it on the coloring page.
- Use a new cotton swab for each colour and use a variety of 'earthy'
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Templates with 2 pictures (half
For some full page templates take a look at our Australian colouring pages.
Print friendly version of these instructions.