DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Paper Roll Craft
This is a fun and simple color, cut and paste paper craft that uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect.
Sedna is the Inuit goddess of the sea. According to Inuit
mythology, Sedna's fingers were cut off and fell into the ocean
where each was transformed into a different sea creature – this
is how walrus, seals and whales were created. Sedna decides how
many of these sea animals are available for the Inuit hunters.
- a toilet paper roll,
- something to color with,
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces as appropriate and cut them out.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the arms to the sides of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the head onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the tab of the tail onto the inside of the bottom of the toilet paper roll
at the centre and fold it out.
- Glue the walrus near the bottom of the TP roll.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).