DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Paper Roll Craft
© by Leanne Guenther
This is a fun and simple color, cut and paste paper craft
that uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect.
Sedna is the Inuit goddess of the sea. According to Inuit
mythology, Sedna's fingers were cut off and fell into the ocean
where each was transformed into a different sea creature – this
is how walrus, seals and whales were created. Sedna decides how
many of these sea animals are available for the Inuit hunters.
- a tp roll,
- something to colour with,
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour the pieces as appropriate and cut them out.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the arms to the sides of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the head onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the tab of the tail onto the inside of the bottom of the toilet paper roll
at the centre and fold it out.
- Glue the walrus near the bottom of the TP roll.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions