DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Godzilla Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
Godzilla is a dinosaur-like Japanese monster. There are loads of movies featuring him and it's a lot of fun watching the English
translations of them with the kids (my girls love family movie night -- old Godzilla movies plus popcorn -- what could be better!?)
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft that's pretty much just your basic t-rex type dinosaur... But with a little imagination it works as
Godzilla too! It uses a toilet paper roll as a base to make it three dimensional.
- toilet paper roll,
- a printer,
- something to color with,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- Glue on the head.
- Glue the legs and arms onto the side of the toilet paper roll.
- Fold the tail in half so it is coloured on both sides and use the tab to attach it to the back of the toilet paper roll (give it a 3D
effect with the tabs).
- Fold the scales in half so they are colored on both sides. Attach them to the back using the tabs to give them a 3D effect.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions