DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Stuffed Corn Flower Finger paint Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
Even the youngest crafters can make this project. It's great for
the children in the baby room or toddler room in a daycare to make and
hang from the ceiling.
The corn flower or corn poppy is Poland's national flower.
- finger paint (or tempra paint and brush) in red (and green if you have
- Cotton balls or shredded newspaper
- IF HANGING: short piece of string, wool or ribbon
- print two copies of the template (or just draw two poppies freehand but
make them the same size). Do not cut out yet.
- Let the children paint the templates with finger paints or a brush and
- Allow to dry.
- Cut out the poppies (adults will need to help with this).
- Staple all the way around the edge of the poppies, leaving an opening at
- Stuff the poppy with shredded paper (kids age 3+ love to help with this
- Finish stapling the poppy closed
- staple a short piece of string to the top to hang from the ceiling
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions