Even the youngest crafters can make this project. It's great for the children in the baby room or toddler room in a daycare to make and hang from the ceiling.
The corn flower or corn poppy is Poland's national flower.
- finger paint (or tempra paint and brush) in red (and green if you have it).
- Cotton balls or shredded newspaper
- IF HANGING: short piece of string, wool or ribbon
- print two copies of the template (or just draw two poppies freehand but make them the same size). Do not cut out yet.
- Let the children paint the templates with finger paints or a brush and tempra paint
- Allow to dry.
- Cut out the poppies (adults will need to help with this).
- Staple all the way around the edge of the poppies, leaving an opening at the top.
- Stuff the poppy with shredded paper (kids age 3+ love to help with this step).
- Finish stapling the poppy closed
- staple a short piece of string to the top to hang from the ceiling
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).