This is a simple cut and paste paper craft that can be done "just for fun", Burns night or a Scottish theme.
Please keep in mind that it's hard to make a "tartan" that can be colored in by young children (at least it was for me *grin*). Hopefully, this is close enough to get the idea across!
A real tartan is quite a bit more complicated with a horizontal and vertical weave of a variety of different colors (an example is pictured to the left.)
- something to color with if using the B&W version,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces. You can cut out template 1 (the boy) or just cut out template 2 and glue all the pieces onto the full sheet of template 1. It's up to you!
- Glue the bagpiper together in the following order:
- kilt (Scottish skirt)
- "tam-o'-shanter" (Scottish cap)
- See picture on the template for further help.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).