DLTK's Crafts for Kids
- Embroidery Floss Used:
- Aida cloth with a fairly high number (6 count Aida is 6 stitches per inch while 10
count is 10 stitches per inch... The lower the number, the bigger the
project ends up being)
- 10 count would give you a 8.0 x 11.4 inch finished project
- 14 count would give you a 5.7 x 8.1 inch finished project
- plastic canvas,
- embroidery hoop (a must! unless you're using plastic canvas),
- needle (20 or 22 work well, but any that fit 3 strands of floss will do)
- Print out the template of choice -- you need all 4 pieces.
- Tape the sheets together if you find it easier to follow the pattern from
a single sheet.
- Fold cloth in half and then in half again to find the center.
- Place hoop around cloth. Start as close to center as you can.
- Cut about 18 inch pieces of floss and divide in half (so you have 3
strands of floss to work with).
- Start cross stitching! To learn more about cross stitching, check
out our "How to
Cross Stitch" directions.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).