The only thing cuter than dinosaurs are BABY dinosaurs! This adorable and interactive craft is very fun to make and very fun to play with afterwards.
Kids can print out the B&W template of choice and making their favourite coloured dinosaur. They can also let their creative side show by painting the coolest dinosaur egg they can imagine!
- paper plate,
- paint and paintbrush,
- something to color with (or color printer),
- OPTIONAL: thin cardboard (like a cereal box)
- Print out your template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft).
- Paint the bottom of a paper plate however you would like. Feel free to get as creative as you want and try out some different techniques
- Make a spotted egg using your finger prints!
- Use a paint brush to splater the paint!
- Use several colours!
- Try making a pattern!
- While your paper plate egg dries, cut out the template pieces.
- OPTIONAL: Before cutting out the template pieces, glue them firmly to a thin piece of cardboard. This will make the pieces much sturdier.
- Once the paper plate is dry, cut it in half with a jagged line (like it is a hatching egg).
- Attach the two egg halves together at a point on one of the sides.
- For ease, you can use a bit of glue to attach the corner of the two halves together so it looks like the egg is cracking open.
- If you want the craft to be more interactive, punch a hole in the point of each half (where you want them to connect) and use a brass fastener to hold them together (this way they will still move).
- Now attach the head and the tail of the baby dinosaur to the bottom half of the egg. Make sure to glue the pieces to the inside of the paper plate (so that it looks like the dinosaur is inside the egg).
- OPTIONAL: To make the craft sturdier, also secure the template pieces with a little bit of tape.
- At the front of the egg, glue the two feet over the edge (so it looks like the dinosaur is peeking out from behind the egg).
- Don't forget to try out all of the cute dinos!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).