Some types of seahorses are actually able to change their colour to match their surroundings and disguise themselves—they are the ultimate ninjas! Seahorses also use their colours to display their emotions and attract potential mates. This fun and interactive paper plate craft lets you create a colour changing seahorse of your own!
- a variety of colourful paints and paintbrushes (use your imagination and your favourite colours).
- two paper plates,
- brass paper fastener,
- Paint the top of one paper plate a rainbow of different colours. Feel free to be as creative as you want; younger children may want to use their fingers and get really messy while older children may want to make a colour wheel in the ROY G BIV fashion.
- While the first paper plate is drying, draw a seahorse onto the top of the other paper plate. You can use the template we provided (which has multiple seahorse sizes) or draw your own.
- ADULTS ONLY: Using scissors or an exacto-knife, cut the seahorse out of the paper plate. Be very careful as it is a challenging shape to cut.
- Place the seahorse paper plate on top of the colourful paper plate and secure them together with a brass fastener through the middle.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template - Seahorses : (B&W)