Summer is almost here and with the wamer weather comes many different types of birds, and they love to snack. Have some fun decorating this cute feeder, made entirely from popsicles, for all your bird friends to enjoy.
- about 100 popsicle sticks (depending on large you want yours to be)
- paint (unless you have coloured popsicle sticks)
- mod podge
- bird seeds
- Lay your popsicle sticks out and paint them, I used 5 colours, so there were 17 of each colour. Once you have laid them out/painted them the colours you like, apply one coat of Mod Podge to lock in the paint, so it lasts longer.
- Once all the popsicle sticks are dry start by laying out the base. The base should have 11 popsicle sticks side by side like the picture.
- Next take 4 more popsicle sticks. Lay one across the top, one on the bottom, and one on each side on top of the others. Repeat this exact pattern until you have the height on the sides that you want.
- Once you have the walls made, take one popsicle stick and glue it in between two layers of the wall to make a place for the bird to sit.
- Now, take one popsicle stick and glue in on the inside against the wall. This will hold up the roof. Repeat this for each corner.
- To make the roof, lay out 11 popsicle sticks side by side. Secure them by gluing a popsicle stick on the top and bottom so they all stay together. Make two of these.
- Once you have two pieces for your roof, glue them together like a triangle. Glue it to the 4 popsicle sticks against the inside wall.
- Add touch ups where needed, throw the bird seeds in there (!!), attach a string, and hang it wherever you want! TIP: the higher you hang your bird feeder the less likely those pesky squirrels will get to it!