I originally made this easy chick paper craft for Easter, but you could make it for a farm theme, shapes theme, yellow theme, birds theme or spring theme. Regardless of the theme, the project will give your little ones practice with shapes (circles and triangles). Before doing the craft, have them divide the shapes into the circles and the triangles. If they are comfortable with this, take it a step further and have them sort the pieces from largest to smallest.
- a printer,
- paper for the printer,
- crayons (or something else to color with).
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the smaller circle (head) onto the larger circle (body).
- Glue the face pieces (circle eyes and triangle beak) onto the head.
- Glue the triangle wings onto the body.
- Use feathers, sparkles, sparkle glue, or felt to decorate your chick. You could also used wadded up pieces of tissue paper to decorate the wings and/or body.
- Print the black and white template on yellow construction paper. Print a second copy on white paper and mix & match the pieces.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).