contributed by Leanne Guenther
This craft uses a printable template and a paper plate to make a project suitable for a bird theme, Letter V theme or just for fun.
- grey paint and paintbrush.
- paper plate,
- something to color with (or color printer),
- Optional: You can substitute large wiggly eyes for the template eyes.
- Paint the bottom of the paper plate grey.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces. Most of the pieces are simple enough shapes for young children to cut out, but if needed, an adult can help with some of the harder pieces (the wings and the tail).
- Glue the pieces to the plate to make a vulture:
- Glue the wings onto either side of the plate.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the plate on either side of center.
- Glue the head in the middle of the paper plate slightly overlapping the wings. Vultures have long necks so it will look like it is dangling down.
- Glue the beak near the bottom of the head.
- Glue the eyes just above the beak on the head.
- Glue the tail at the top of the plate.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).