DLTK's Crafts for Kids - Fan Site
Big Bird Craft
Big Bird is a simple color, cut and paste paper craft that uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect. My children love to play with toilet paper roll crafts as much as they like making them.
- toilet paper roll,
- piece of paper,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons,
- Print out the template of choice. If using the black and white template, try printing it on yellow construction paper.
- Color (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- Glue on the head, arms and legs.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Big Bird Trivia (thanks Nina!): I was looking at your sport section and saw that you had the Netherlands represented.
I have some friends who live there and I've been there a number of times. I just had to share with you that the outfit is great!
Now what may be a little off, for the Dutch children that is (and get ready to laugh), Big Bird in Dutch
Sesame Street is actually BLUE not yellow! Yeah, he is Blue Big Bird! At least
that is how he looked the last time I saw Dutch Sesame Street! My Dutch friend expressed her frustration that the Big Bird is blue,
but the Big Bird toys in the toy stores are yellow, so it is quite confusing and
disappointing for the children. This was over five years ago that I was last there, so maybe it has changed, I will have to check with my friends. Thought I should share this little funny
P.S. More trivia. Sesame Street (Mexico) does not have a Big Bird by the way, it has what looks like a combination parrot/chicken! We can view it here on Saturday mornings, all other characters are the same!