Use this printable template and turn a plain old paper plate into a cute and funny emoji paper plate craft.
If you cut out holes instead of using the template eyes, you can convert your emoji craft to an emoji mask. Attach a paint stir stick or tongue depressor to allow your child to hold it up to their face.
- yellow paint and paintbrush
(or you can keep the face white if you don't feel like painting).
- paper plate,
- something to color with (or color printer),
- Optional: You can substitute large wiggly eyes for the template eyes.
- Optional FOR MASK: Paint Stir Stick , thin strip of wood or Tongue Depressor .
- Paint the bottom of the paper plate yellow (or you can leave it white if you prefer).
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces. Most of the pieces are simple enough shapes for young children to cut out, but if needed, an adult can help with some of the harder pieces (the ears and the hair).
- Glue the pieces to the plate to make an emoji face:
- Glue the mouth onto the face near the bottom of the paper plate.
- Glue the squinting eyes onto the paper plate above the mouth (or cut out holes for eyes in a mask).
- Glue the eyebrows onto the paper plate above the eyes (glue them slanted up to make it appear like the emoji is laughing).
- Glue the tear drops at the corner of each eye pointing down and out as if the emoji is crying from laughter.
- Optional: If making a mask, use masking tape or duct tape to attach a thin strip of wood, a Tongue Depressor or a Paint Stir Stick(often free at paint supply and home repair stores -- no more than $1 -- we get dad to pick one up now and then when he's at home depot admiring the tools *grin*)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).