Any craft that combines balloons and yarn is guaranteed to be fun! But please beware: this craft gets messy. Make sure to cover your work surface with newspaper or other scrap paper.
- white glue
- scissors or a pin
- First, blow up balloons to the size you'd like your orbs to be (smaller baloons are easier to use for your first couple of tries).
- In a small container, combine water and white glue together. The recipe calls for 4 parts of glue to 1 part water. Scale the recipe to the size and number of balloons you're using.
- Before this next step, you can choose to hang up your balloon before you start gluing the yarn to it.
Cut off a long strand of yarn and cover it in the glue mixture completely.
- Find the end of the string and pull it out of the glue. As best you can, wipe the extra glue off the yarn and place it onto the balloon.
- Continue wrapping the yarn around the balloon.
Simply add more glue-covered yarn depending on how you want your orb to look.
- Leave the balloon(s) to dry completely. I let mine sit overnight.
- When dry, pop the balloon and allow it to deflate; it will unstick from the yarn itself.
- Peel off any glue flakes, and your yarn orbs are finished.