This craft uses a bunch of different night sky shapes like stars, the moon, saturn, and space ships! This space themed craft is fun, simple, and decorative. You can turn simple paper clips into adorable dinosaur bookmarks to make reading even more fun!
This simple craft is a great for kids of all ages to let their creativity shine! The night sky shapes can be coloured so many different ways. Younger kids can cut out the colour or black and white templates. Kids can also use the template pieces to trace different night sky shapes out of other paper, like scrapbook paper, construction paper, or even painted paper. I chose to cut my night sky shapes out of a sheet of water color painted paper!
- paper clips,
- hot glue,
- cardboard (eg. old cereal box),
- OPTIONAL: colourful construction paper, scrapbook paper, water colour painting supplies, painting supplies
- Print out the dinosaurs template of choice.
- Make your dinosaurs:
- Option 1: Cut out the template pieces. You will have to colour the B&W pieces. (TIP: You may want to back the pieces with thin cardboard paper to help them last longer.)
- Option 2: Trace the template pieces onto fancy paper (construction or scrapbook paper) and cut out the dinosaurs.
- Option 3: Use different painting techniques (like water colour painting) to decorate a sheet of paper. Then trace the template pieces onto the painted paper and cut out the dinosaurs.
- Use a hot glue gun to secure the night sky shapes to paper clips.
- Slide the paper clip onto a book page to secure your spot. Your night sky shapes will peek out the top of the book to cheer you on and remind you where you left off!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).