DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Babe, the Blue Ox Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft for children to make on Paul Bunyan Day. Babe, the blue ox was Paul Bunyan's friend.
- something to color with if using the B&W version,
- Print out the template of choice -- there is a choice of black and white or color. Babe was a blue ox, but you can use the black and white template to make an ordinary ox if you prefer.
- If using the B&W template, this is the children's chance to get creative. Color it in however you like using colored pencils, crayons, markers, pastels or paints.
- Cut out the craft template pieces. Some of the pieces may require the help of an adult or older child.
- Glue Babe, the blue ox's head together in the following order (all the pieces for the head are found on template one):
- Glue the eyes below the eyebrows.
- Glue the oval shaped nose (muzzle) to the bottom of the head.
- Glue the crescent moon shaped mouth to the bottom of the muzzle so it looks like Babe is smiling.
- Glue the ears to either side of the head (they look like little leaves).
- Glue the horns right across the top of the head.
- You can stop with just the head or you can continue on to make Babe's body (template 2) as well:
- Glue the head that you just put together onto the body.
- Glue the legs onto the large (blue) body (the largest piece on template two) - don't be too fussy, but I intended the legs to go on this way:
- one front leg and one back leg on top the body
- one front leg and one back leg behind the body
- Glue the tail onto the back of the body
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions