DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Yak Paper Craft
This yak is a simple cut and paste paper craft that is fun for
children to make. There is a small version (all the pieces on one
piece of paper) and a large version (3 sheets of paper).
- something to colour with if using the B&W version,
- You can use brass tacks ("brads") instead of glue to attach the head, tail and legs if you want them to be moveable.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate).
- Cut out the template pieces -- parents can help cut out some of the more
difficult pieces like the tail and horns while children work on the easier
pieces like the body and head.
- Glue the yak together in the following order:
- glue the rounded front leg behind the body
- glue the straight edge front leg on top of the body
- repeat for the back legs (the back legs are shorter than the front)
- glue the tail behind the body
- glue the head onto the body
- glue the horns onto the head
- See picture on the template for further help
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Small Template (only 1 template needed)
Large Template (3 templates needed)
Print friendly version of these instructions