DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Circle Polar Bear Craft - Shapes, Scissor Skills, Colors, and Counting Practice
This craft can be used to teach a variety of skills. You don't
have to use all the thoughts for lessons... just choose the ones you're
working on with your child.
Thoughts for Lessons:
- This craft has lots of nice large circles to cut out -- good scissor
- You can precut the template into separate pieces (roughly) to make
it a bit easier for beginning crafters to cut out the circles.
- have the children make a pile of all the circles. Brainstorm
items in the household that are also circles (a plate for example)
- verbally instruct the children on how to assemble the shapes using
the colors of the shapes. (ie: Take the black circle and glue it
on the white circle.).
- show the children two circles and ask -- is this one bigger, smaller
or the same size as that one.
- Count the circles.
- Count the circles of various sizes
Glue the large white circle with the mouth on it to the blank large
- Glue the medium sized white circles (ears) to the top of the head.
- Glue the medium sized black circle (nose) on the muzzle (top of
- Glue the two small black circles (eyes) onto the head.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions