DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Easy Pig Paper Craft
I've had a lot of requests for farm animal
crafts. This farm pig is made with shapes (circles, ovals and triangles) which makes him good for preschool and
toddler skills practice. Older children may prefer the toilet
paper roll version as it is a bit more challenging (although some days it's nice to
have an easy craft on hand when supper's running a bit late!).
- a printer,
- something to color with,
- a piece of paper.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces. (Younger children may require assistance with the cutting.).
- Glue the various pieces of the head together. Make sure you spend time naming the shapes used. You can also ask
your child what the similarities and differences between the shapes are (Examples:
Which triangle/circle is bigger/smaller. How many sides does the triangle have.)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).