DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Pig Farm Animal Craft
I've had a lot of requests for farm animal crafts. This farm pig is made with a toilet paper roll and spends a lot of time rolling around in the mud. For younger kids who have a tough time with the toilet paper roll craft (and who like to keep up with older siblings) try the easy pig who is made with triangle and circle shapes.
CLICK to see a larger photo of the finished craft (made by Tasha at Age 4, printed on pink construction paper). Close the photo window once you have finished viewing to get back to this page.
A different looking pig toilet paper roll craft can be found here.
- toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- a printer,
- something to color with,
- a piece of paper.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color (where appropriate) and cut out the
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to
cover the tube.
- Toilet paper rolls come in different sizes, so if you find the rectangle is a bit too big, just trim it down
- If you find the rectangle is a bit too small, just cut out another small piece to fill in the gap.
- We usually cut off about 1/2 an inch off the top
of the toilet paper roll just to keep the animal's proportions looking right.
- Glue on the head, arms, legs and tail.
- We usually glue the legs on so the animal looks like it's sitting down.
- Bend the tab on the tail and glue to the back of
the toilet paper roll to give a 3D effect.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).