Print these "home-made" bookmarks for a special reading companion.
I like having the girls make these as a gift for special friends or family for birthdays, Christmas, etc.
- crayons or something else to color with (for b&w print version)
- clear contact paper
- Click on the link of your choice (below) to print the template. Color as appropriate.
- Cut the bookmark out (one big rectangle) and fold in half (left to right) along the center line.
- Glue so it stays folded together.
- Optional: cover with clear contact paper so it lasts longer (you could also put a piece of cardboard in the center before gluing for a sturdier bookmark).
- Optional: Poke a hole in the top of the bookmark and tie a string/wool through as a tassel
- To make a tassel:
- wrap wool loosely around 4 fingers 10 to 20 times
- tightly tie a long piece of wool around the bottom of the circle of wool
- Trim the top end of the loop
- Put the end of the long piece through the hole in the top of the bookmark so the tassel dangles as much as you like
- Tie the long piece on and trim the end
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).