DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Frog Puppet Paper Plate Craft
We had loads of fun playing with this frog
puppet. I must admit that I hogged him quite a bit. You'd be amazed at how
much better children listen when the frog tells them to clean up a mess than when mommy
asks them to. *grin*
- large paper plate,
- green tempra paint,
- a printer,
- something to colour with,
- Paint the plate with green tempra paint and set aside to dry.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Once the plate is dry, glue the legs to the
bottom and the arms on the sides.
- Fold the plate in half and crease (the arms and
legs should both be on the bottom half of the plate.
- Glue the eyes onto the top of the plate.
- Glue the tongue into the inside of the plate
(mouth). Curl the tongue with a pencil to make it more frog-like.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions