DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Paper Plate Reindeer Craft
© by Leanne Guenther
This adorable reindeer craft uses a printable template and a
paper plate to make a project suitable for a Christmas animals, mammals,
letter R Crafts or just for fun.
If you cut out holes instead of using the template eyes, you
can convert your reindeer craft to a reindeer mask. Attach a paint stir
stick or tongue depressor to allow your child to hold it up to their face.
- paper plate,
- something to color with (or color printer),
- OPTIONAL: You can substitute large wiggly eyes for the template eyes.
- OPTIONAL FOR MASK: Paint Stir Stick, thin strip of wood or
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces. Most of the pieces are simple enough shapes for
young children to cut out, but if needed, an adult can help with
some of the harder pieces (the antlers and the hair).
- Glue the pieces to the plate to make a reindeer face:
- Glue the hair onto the center top of the plate.
- Glue the the mouth at the bottom of the plate.
- Glue the nose above the mouth.
- Glue the eyes above the nose.
- Glue the eyebrows above the eyes.
- Glue the antlers next to the hair.
- Glue the ears next to the antlers.
OPTIONAL: If making a mask, use masking tape or duct tape to
attach a thin strip of wood, a Tongue Depressor
or a Paint Stir Stick
(often free at paint supply and home repair stores -- no more than $1 --
we get dad to pick one up now and then when he's at home depot admiring the tools *grin*)
Print friendly version of these instructions