DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Shapes Snakes Paper Craft
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft good "just for
fun", colors practice, a reptiles theme, or an animals theme.
There are two different shapes snakes available: circles, diamonds,
hearts, ovals, rectangles, squares and triangles.
- something to color with if using the B&W version,
- You can use brass tacks ("brads") instead of glue to attach the pieces if you want it to be moveable. Keep in mind though
that you'll need a lot of brass tacks to do the entire thing and that they
can be hard for young fingers to manipulate... You might want to just do the
head and rattler and use glue for the rest.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the shapes together with the head at the front and the rattler at the back. You can make him one long
straight snake or a wiggly snake -- whichever you prefer!
- You can also print multiple shapes and mix and match to make a many-shaped snake.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).