DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Print these "home-made" bookmarks for a special reading
To add that extra bit of motivation, print out a bookmark for your child,
your friend or yourself as a reward for reading a certain number of stories.
If you're looking for Bookmarks with a different theme,
check out our list of all the
bookmarks available on the site.
Even if you have a colour printer, you may prefer the black and white
version which the kids can colour in themselves...
- crayons or something else to color with (for b&w print version)
- Click on the link of your choice (below) to print the template. Color as appropriate.
- Cut the bookmark out (one big rectangle) and fold in half (left to right) along the
- Glue so it stays folded together.
- OPTIONAL: cover with clear contact paper so it lasts longer (you could also put a
piece of cardboard in the center before gluing for a sturdier bookmark)
- OPTIONAL: Poke a hole in the top of the bookmark and tie a string/wool through as
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions