DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Y2K Bug Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
- toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- a printer,
- and something to color with.
- Print out the template of choice. If using a black and white printer, try printing on construction paper.
- Color craft pieces if you printed the black and white version of the template.
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance.
- Glue the large rectangle onto the toilet paper roll. If you don't like the proportions of the bug (i.e. Think he's too tall), you can cut
the toilet paper roll down a bit. We often do this for a bit of variety in our toilet paper roll crafts.
- Glue on the head, arms and spots.
- Fold the tabs of the feet and glue to the inside of the toilet paper roll so the feet are sticking out the bottom.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions