DLTK's Crafts for Kids
This craft is fun for older children (and adults!) - Age 6+.
There are quite a few steps that younger kids (Age 2+) can help with, but
they won't be able to do the craft independently. This is a good
- Wire coat hanger
- 14 to 16 toilet paper rolls
- Optional: Winter color paint like silver or blue
- white paper (you could also use craft foam, gift wrap or Aluminum foil)
- Easy Fold and Cut Star
(as many as you want for decorating the wreath)
- ADULT: Take each toilet paper roll and cut a slit HALFWAY through
- Paint the toilet paper rolls blue.
- Let dry.
- ADULT: Bend the coat hanger to form a circle.
- Using the slits cut halfway through the rolls, slide each of your toilet paper rolls onto the hanger to form a big circle of toilet paper rolls.
- Optional: Take a bit of masking or scotch tape and tape the toilet paper rolls together. (tape the openings of the toilet paper rolls on the inside of the
circle together). This will keep the rolls from spinning around while you're working. If you choose not to do this, the paper stars will keep
everything from spinning on the finished craft.
- Prepare many stars. (Easy
Fold and Cut Star of David)
- One person can be doing this part while another (daddy *grin*) is assembling the toilet paper roll wreath base.
- Glue all the stars onto the toilet paper roll
base. You can use as many as you want and overlap them if you like so it's nice and full.
- Tie a bow on the top if you want to.
Print friendly version of these instructions