DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Hot Pepper Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is an easy cut and paste paper craft that can be made by young children.
The hot pepper paper craft suits a spicy Mexico theme or a Hungarian paprika theme.
- something to colour with.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour pieces, as necessary.
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance.
- Glue the stem onto the "body" of the pepper.
- Glue on the eyes, nose and mouth
- Ask the kids some questions about hot peppers
- Who has tasted a hot pepper? (the children who have tasted them will raise their hands). Perhaps explain that many of the other
children may have tasted them mixed in with food. Hot peppers are rarely eaten alone.
- What does a hot pepper taste (or look) like? (children can describe the hot pepper -- red, shiny, hot, etc)
You might like to have an adult answer each of the questions as an example so the kids get the idea of what's intended.
You can also give the kids a few neat facts.
-- some peppers are so hot that when they are grinding them to make hot pepper sauce they have to wear face masks.
-- many people wear gloves when cutting hot peppers to keep the hot oil off their skin.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions