DLTK's Crafts for Kids
3D Ramadan Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a cute, simple paper craft that results in a 3D ornament you can hang around the room.
- something to color with (if using the B&W version).
- hole punch.
- string, thread, ribbon or wool.
- Optional: thin cardboard
- Print template of choice and color as necessary.
- Cut out the template pieces.
- Fold each piece in half (on the dashed line) so they are all colored on both the front and the back.
- Optional: Put thin cardboard in between the front and back of each template piece to make them a bit sturdier.
- Glue together so the pieces are colored on both sides.
- 3D Stars:
- Cut on one of the dotted lines of each template piece (only cut as far as the dotted line goes, not all the way through the piece).
- Slide the pieces together, top to bottom
- Glue a piece of ribbon, string or thread onto the top (or hole punch a small hole and tie a ribbon through). If you hole punch, do it through
the acorn that is cut from the bottom, not the one that is cut from the top.
- Ramadan template:
- punch three holes in the bottom of the Ramadan template (one in the center and one on each edge).
- String one star through each of the holes so it hangs down from the
- Punch a hole in the bottom of the middle star and string the fourth star through that hole.
- There are two Ramadan template choices (Ramadan Kareem, template 1 or
Ramadan Mubarak, template 2)
- There are two different 3D star choices. Print as many of templates 3 or
4 as you would like and add additional stars to the Ramadan template or the
You can simply make the mobile as a Ramadan decoration or you can hang a 3D
star on your mobile for each Eid good deed you do!
- 'numbers practice' -- count the stars.
- 'colors practice' -- color the background of each star a different color.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions