As the rain stops falling, we are all looking for some reminders of spring. Here is a simple and fun mushroom craft to decorate your home with.
- (2) paper cardboard bowls
- (3) toilet paper rolls
- white and red paint
- green construction paper
- thin string
- With a pencil, draw circles, like polka dots, all over your cardboard bowls. Next, paint inside the circles white and outside of them red.
- Take your toilet paper rolls and paint them white. When dry, glue two of them together to create a single long roll. Glue both the long and short roll to the open side of your bowls.
- Cut out some grass from your green construction paper. This will be glued to the base of your TP rolls.
- Glue one end of your grass to the bottom of the TP roll, wrap it around, and then glue the other end down. You can adjust the leaves so they stick out and look a little more realistic. Do this to both mushrooms.
- This step is optional! Once your mushroom is done you can colour some butterflies and glue or hang them from the mushroom. I attached one end of the string to the butterfly and the other end to the inside of the mushroom.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Grass and Butterfly Template (B&W)