DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Frog Cross Stitch Pattern
Slightly more complex cross stitch patterns for children to make. On 6 count, this would make a nice pillow front (check out the "How to Cross Stitch" directions for ideas on how to make a pillow from a pattern)
To learn more about cross stitching, check out our "How to Cross Stitch" directions.
When I do these projects with the girls, I encourage them fill in the white backgrounds with white cross stitch instead of leaving it unstitched. The long rows of single colored stitches are terrific practice. But it's completely up to you! It does make the project take a lot longer.
of the frog
cross stitch pattern.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Fold cloth in half and then in half again to find the center.
- Place hoop around cloth. Start as close to center as you can.
- Cut about 18 inch pieces of floss and divide in half (so you have
3 strands of floss to work with).
- Start cross stitching! To learn more about cross stitching,
check out our
"How to Cross Stitch" directions.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).