DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Minotaur Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a fun and simple color, cut and paste paper craft that uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect.
The craft can be used to accompany many Greek mythology themes, fantasy themed books and movies or it can be made just for fun.
In Greek mythology, the minotaur was a half-man/half-bull monster that was imprisoned by King Minos in a labyrinth in Crete.
- a tp roll,
- something to colour with,
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour the pieces as appropriate and cut them out.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the smaller rectangle around the bottom of the tp roll (these are the legs).
- Glue the jagged rectangle around the center of the tp roll (this is the loin cloth).
- Glue the arms to the sides of the toilet paper roll.
- Fold the tabs on the feet and glue them inside the toilet paper roll to give it a three dimensional effect.
- Glue the head onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions